When your home improvements are being considered, the only thing that is equal first to meeting your needs is simultaneously regarding the needs of our planet.
Despite having a great impact on the function & comfort & meaningfulness of your home, Zing Interiors will take every step towards leaving a light environmental imprint. In answering your brief, I will promote services and products which have a high regard for sustainability.
Take pleasure with me in knowing that
an environmental conscience need not necessarily compromise innovation, quality or affordability.
On the contrary, many of your ‘low impact living’ choices will enviably be the most inventive and often the least expensive design features of your home.
Some of Zing Interior’s green initiatives include:
- recommendation of builders employing green design practices (passive solar & thermal mass principles etc)
- promotion of non VOC, non toxic paints
- encouragement of re-use of existing items thereby reducing landfill contribution (embracing the modern eclectic aesthetic, integrating the re-invented & reinvigorated wherever practical)
- provision of advice on safe disposal & responsible recycling of unwanted items
- access to product locally, minimizing distribution distances & carbon footprint
- support of designers of product which utilizes renewable natural resources (plantation forested timbers)
- selection of fittings rated highly with water/energy conservation
- identification of brand integrity to favour products from companies whose manufacture, processes & packaging are globally ethical & environmentally conscious